There’s a major area of female wellness that often gets overlooked: vaginal health. While the vagina is an incredibly powerful and versatile part of the body, it can also be associated with a number of common health challenges, including urinary tract infections (UTIs), yeast infections, bacterial vaginosis (BV), and odor. But it hasn’t always been clear how to maintain good vaginal health and balance—until now.
HPD Rx is thrilled to announce the launch of Pro-Fem, a brand-new supplement made with vaginal health in mind. This once-a-day pill has been created by an expert OB/GYN and is made with two probiotic strains which have been the most clinically tested and researched in the world. If you’re wondering what Pro-Fem can do for your vaginal health, read on to find out.
While it may sound counterintuitive, your vagina requires some bacteria and yeast in order to remain healthy. Normally, your body maintains this balance on its own. However, there are a number of things that can upset this balance, like antibiotics, unprotected sex, birth control, feminine hygiene products, and hormonal changes. That’s where Pro-Fem comes in.
The main role of Pro-Fem is to help your body maintain a healthy levels of vaginal bacteria and yeast. By using specific probiotic strains, Pro-Fem promotes healthy vaginal pH balance and flora and reduces the risk of developing vaginal infections or inflammation. And when occasional feminine issues do occur, Pro-Fem can help restore a healthy balance of yeast and bacteria in the vagina.
Pro-Fem is unique in that it’s an oral supplement capable of making it through the GI tract to the vaginal area to restore balance. Instead of using a suppository supplement, Pro-Fem is conveniently designed to be taken once daily and start being effective in just seven days.
The Pro-Fem formula has been clinically proven to helpprevent and treat a number of vaginal health concerns, including:
- Yeast infections:This type of infection results from an overgrowth of vaginal yeast. A number of things can increase the risk of too much yeast growing in the vagina, including a weakened immune system, uncontrolled diabetes, pregnancy, or taking birth control pills containing estrogen. Common symptoms of yeast infections include itching, irritation, swelling, pain, and a thick, white vaginal discharge.
- Bacterial vaginosis (BV):The vagina naturally contains healthy bacteria called lactobacilli, along with unhealthy bacteria called anaerobes. Normally, there is more “good” bacteria than “bad” bacteria, but when the number of anaerobes becomes too high, the balance is disrupted and a type of vaginal inflammation called bacterial vaginosis develops. This may be caused by douching or having sex with multiple partners. For some, it’s caused by a natural lack of the “good” lactobacilli bacteria. Common symptoms of BV include itching, burning during urination, vaginal odor, and white, gray, or green vaginal discharge.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs):Women are at a higher risk of developingurinary tract infections due to shorter length of the female urethra along with the proximity of the urethra to the vagina. During sexual activity, bacteria can spread from the anus to the urethra and cause this type of infection. The risk of developing a UTI also increases when having sex with a new partner, after going through menopause, or while dealing with a suppressed immune system. Common symptoms of a UTI include a persistent urge to urinate, a burning sensation while urinating, and strong-smelling, cloudy urine.
- Vaginal odor:While it’s normal for the vagina to have a slight, subtle odor, a foul or “fishy” smell can develop as a result of infection or inflammation in the vagina, poor hygiene, or certain sexually transmitted infections. An unpleasant vaginal odor is one of the symptoms associated with bacterial vaginosis.
By helping to maintain and restore the balance of bacteria and yeast in the vagina, Pro-Fem can help minimize symptoms and reduce the risk of developing these health issues.
Clinically Tested Ingredients
At HPD Rx, we’re always looking for the highest-quality, clinically backed ingredients that are proven to provide real health benefits. That’s why Pro-Fem is so effective; it includes two of the most researched and studied vaginal health probiotics in the world. These strains, called GR-1 and RC-14, are backed by over 25 years of research, and 27 human clinical studies published since 2001 support their ability to balance and protect the vaginal tract.
Some of the key human clinical studies concerning Pro-Fem’s GR-1 and RC-14 probiotic strains include:
- Treatment for BV: In this study, 125 women with bacterial vaginosis were treated with the oral antibiotic metronidazole for 7 days, with some also receiving GR-1 and RC-14 for 30 days (and the rest receiving a placebo). At the conclusion of the study, 88% of the women in the antibiotic/probiotic group were cured as opposed to just 40% in the antibiotic/placebo group. Researchers concluded that, when combined with an antibiotic, GR-1 and RC-14 were effective in eradicating BV. (Link)
- Alternative to antibiotics:A study of 544 subjects with BV had 395 take GR-1 and RC-14 probiotics for 6 weeks, while 149 took a placebo during that time. After 44 days, 61.5% of the probiotic group had balanced vaginal bacteria levels compared to just 26.9% of the placebo group. After the full 6 weeks, normal vaginal bacteria levels were still found in 51.1% of the probiotic group vs. 20.8% of the placebo group. This research indicates that oral probiotics could be an alternative, side effect-free treatment for BV. (Link)
- Restoring healthy bacteria: Probiotic strains GR-1 and RC-14 were orally administered to 35 postmenopausal women for 14 days in this study. During that time, 37 women in a control group were given an oral placebo. At the end of the two-week period, 60% of the probiotic group showed a reduction of at least 2 grades in their Nugent score (a system used to diagnose BV, with higher scores indicating disease) as opposed to just 16% in the control group. Results indicate that the probiotic strains GR-1 and RC-14 can be effective for restoring normal vaginal bacteria levels. (Link)
- Prevention of BV relapse: In a study of 50 women, 25 diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis and 25 with vaginitis, participants received antibiotic therapy and probiotic therapy with GR-1 and RC-14 for 15 days. At the end of that period, 46 patients had a complete recolonization of lactobacilli (healthy bacteria). Of the remaining patients, 2 dropped out of the study and 2 had no colonization, providing an overall effectiveness rate of 92%. These results show that GR-1 and RC-14 are helpful in vaginosis and bacterial vaginitis treatment and in relapse prevention, and researchers noted that these probiotic strains “can re-establish the vaginal ecosystem remarkably.” (Link)
Formulated by Doctors
Unlike many other supplements on the market today, Pro-Fem was developed by one of America’s leading experts in women’s health. Monte Swarup, MD has been practicing as a physician for over 20 years and is a three-time recipient of the Top OB/GYN Award as well as the prestigious Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award. He formulated Pro-Fem to help patients take advantage of the incredible benefits of probiotic strains GR-1 and RC-14 in the treatment and prevention of common vaginal issue. He also made sure that this supplement met the highest standards, including:
- Third party testing of all ingredients
- Manufacturing in an audited cGMP facility with testing at each stage of production
- Patented vial container that keeps the product shelfstable and requires no refrigeration
- Simple 1 capsule per day regimen
- Vegetarian, non-GMO, gluten-free, and soy-free formulation
For vibrant women who want to maintain a healthy, active lifestyle, Pro-Fem is the perfect addition to your daily routine.Get this incredible vaginal health supplement delivered straight to your door when you order on HPDRx.com.
If any of the feminine health issues mentioned above are persistent or concerning, we highly recommend that you speak to your physician or gynecologist to discuss treatment options to restore your wellbeing.